ALADDIN partner, CERTH is currently working on co-editing a Special Issue on UAV detection, classification and tracking using deep learning methods, with regards to the ALADDIN project. The “Deep Learning Based UAV Detection, Classification, and Tracking” Special Issue aims to highlight advances in the field of UAV detection, classification, and tracking using a variety of […]
The present data protection policy clarifies in a layered manner the processing of personal information of visitors of the ALADDIN website. The data processing on the ALADDIN website is pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and in accordance with Greek Law 4624/2019 for the protection of personal data, applicable to Center for Security Studies – KEMEA, which is headquartered in Athens, Greece (EU Member State). For further information, please check Section 2 of the present data protection policy.
Personal data, as defined in Article 4(1) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) include any information relating to an identified or identifiable living natural person. Personal data can be your first name, last name, e-mail address, email format and IP address. Hereinafter, by using the terms “we” and “our”; we refer to the data controller, as member of the ALADDIN consortium. Hereinafter, by using the terms “you” and “your”, we refer to the ALADDIN website visitor.
1. General information: What is ALADDIN?
ALADDIN is a research project that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 – Research and Innovation Framework Programme, SEC-12-FCT-2016-2017 – Technologies for prevention, investigation, and mitigation in the context of fight against crime and terrorism, under grant agreement no. 740859. The project started on 1st of September 2017 and ends on 31st of August 2020. The ALADDIN consortium consists of 18 partners from academia and industry (both SMEs and large industry players are involved), as well as public bodies. The present website is part of the dissemination and communication activities undertaken by the ALADDIN consortium within the aim to successfully communicate its research output on a rather innovative topic to a wider public and facilitate the creation of synergies with interested stakeholders.
2. Contact information of the data controller and of the Data Protection Officer
KEMEA – Center for Security Studies 4, P. Kanellopoulou str., GR-10177 Greece (hereinafter referred to as “KEMEA”)
E-Mail: dpo <at> kemea-research <dot> gr
Telephone: +30 2107710805
Fax: +30 210 7710805
KEMEA’s Data Protection Officer may be reached at the above-mentioned address, in case you have any question about the processing of your data when using the ALADDIN website or your rights as data subject.
3. Data processing
a) When visiting the ALADDIN website
The content of the Website, including (indicatively and not exhaustively) texts, graphics, images, videos, sounds, services, etc. (hereafter referred to as ‘Content’) is legally protected under Intellectual Property Rights Law and we reserve all rights of use and ownership of the Content, all copies created based on it, as well as all intellectual property rights and all other property rights pertaining to it.
We use all endeavours to ensure that the information and content that appears on the Website is as accurate, true and up to date as possible. It also provides the content (e.g. information, names, photographs, pictures, images, data, etc.) and the services made available through the Website ‘AS IS’. Under no circumstances, can we be held liable for any legal claims, civil or criminal or damages of any kind (direct loss, special damage or indirect loss) to the user / visitor of this website.
The Website may contain links to third party websites for the sole purpose of providing information to the user / visitor. The referral to links belonging to third-party websites does not constitute an endorsement of their views and actions or the acceptance of the content they express, publish or post. Third-parties -owners of the websites/responsible under the law- are solely responsible for the content of their websites or for any damage that may result from their We make all efforts to ensure the proper function of our network but we do not guarantee that our server operations will be uninterrupted or error-free, free from viruses, malicious software or other similar elements.
The terms and conditions of use of this website, as well as any amendment thereof, are governed by and supplemented by national and European law and the applicable international treaties. Any provision of these terms which is found to be against the above legal framework or is rendered invalid ceases to be valid and enforceable and shall be withdrawn from the present terms, without in any way undermining the validity of the remaining terms.
You may access the website https://aladdin2020.eu/ without having to disclose any data about your person. Nevertheless, the installed browser on your device sends automatically information to the server of the ALADDIN website, including information about your browser type and version, as well as the date and time of access, so as to establish a connection and permit your access to the website.
b) When filing a question via our contact form
We offer the possibility to our website visitors to contact us or register an enquiry by submitting an online form through our website. Submitted queries through the form will be sent to the mailbox of the employees in charge of taking care of your requests and will be stored in their email provider servers. Please notice that your data will be stored for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes specified (reply to your inquiry) and any statutory requirements.
Our contact form requires the minimum information needed in order to be able to respond back to your request. When registering, you need to enter the following mandatory data, marked as such (e.g. with “*” or “required”). These include:
- First name and surname, and
- Email address
The data processing takes place exclusively at your request and in line with article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR. The submitted message, your full name/nickname and email address are processed based on your informed consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time with future effect, by sending an informal email to the email address mentioned in Section 2 of the present policy, requesting the removal of your data. For the use of the Google reCAPTCHA tool, please see Section 6.
4. Google Analytics
The ALADDIN website uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a free web analytics service offered by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (Google). Its purpose is to monitor, keep record of website traffic and report website usage statistics. You can read in detail how Google processes your data when you use sites or apps, which employ Google Analytics tools here. When you visit the ALADDIN website, your web browser automatically sends certain information to Google. This includes the URL of the page you are visiting and your IP address. On behalf of the ALADDIN website operator, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports about website activities, and provide the website’s operator with further services related to website and Internet usage.
If you wish to prevent the storage of cookies and clear already set cookies, you can do so by appropriately changing your browser settings, so as to block third-party cookies. By disabling the storage of some cookies, please note that you might not be able to fully use all functions offered by this or other websites.
Moreover, website visitors can permanently prevent data from being used by Google Analytics, by installing the Google Analytics browser add-on.
Cookies are data files that are transferred from a web server to the Website visitor’s computer, in order to keep statistics. Cookies are an industry standard used by most websites to facilitate the user’s repeated access to a website and its use through the personalisation of the service provided as they can store the personal choices of the user. Cookies are not harmful to the user’s computer system or its files, and apart from the user himself, only the website from which a particular cookie has been transferred to his or her computer can read, modify it or delete it. If the user / visitor does not wish his or her information to be collected through cookies, he or she can use the settings available to most web browsers with which they can delete existing cookies and choose to either automatically reject future cookies or to decide on the rejection or acceptance of every particular cookie of the Website to their computer. It should be noted, however, that discarding cookies may result in making it more difficult or impossible to use certain parts of the Website, and / or that there is a change in its intended appearance and operation, as a permanent connection will be required.
6. Google reCAPTCHA
As we respect the private and confidential nature of a person’s personal information, we are committed to protecting your personal data. This section explains the procedure through which KEMEA acting as Data Controller collects, transfers, processes, uses and discloses user / visitor data and sets its security practices as well as information regarding the actions which a user / visitor of the Website must take if he or she does not wish his or her personal information to be further collected or processed while visiting the Website.
These privacy terms may be reviewed and updated at any time and without further notice. The user / visitor is kindly requested to check these terms regularly in order to keep track of any changes, as the continuous use of the website implies full acceptance of any possible modifications.
Data collected/processed and Information sent by the user / visitor himself/herself:
When you use the Website, we collect the following information sent by the user / visitor himself/herself:
- Information, messages and files sent directly to our e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The forms that you fill and submit (e.g. application for subscription to newsletter, etc.).
The information provided by you may include your name, e-mail address and / or other contact details, expertise or title, area residence, etc.
We shall contain such data in hardcopy and electronic files and / or databases in full compliance with data protection legislation, including security and confidentiality requirements based on the principles of good practice, proportionality and transparency regarding processing.
We may collect information submitted you via posts or when communicating with us, via other webpages that the we use on third party platforms, such as Google Forms, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
Statistical browsing information:
In some cases, technical information that is not personally identifiable may be automatically (e.g. not through registration) aggregated when the user / visitor visits or makes use of the Website. Examples of this kind of information that can be collected are the type of Internet Browser used by the user / visitor, the type of operating system of the computer used by the user / visitor to visit the Website, the IP used for this access and the URL used by the user / visitor to connect to the Website.
Data recipients for:
Elements that the we are obligated or entitled by law, contract, judgement and regulatory decision to notify may be: public and independent administrative authorities, judicial authorities and public officials.
We shall not disclose, assign, exchange, grant or otherwise dispose, without the consent of the user / visitor, to third parties, natural or legal persons, personal data other than the cases mentioned above within the scope of national laws provisions.
Rights regarding personal data:
You have the right to request information from the Website Manager on how we use your information and request the deletion of information you may have sent to us. You may at any time request the deletion of individual information or the total amount of information concerning them.
In particular, you are entitled to:
- request access to personal data stored by the Consortium for him/her;
- request the correction and / or deletion of his or her personal data;
- request that the processing of his or her personal data is restricted/limited or to disagree with such processing;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of his or her personal data (in cases where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent);
- submit a complaint before the competent Data Protection Authority in case of violation of your rights, or in the event of an unauthorized processing your personal data.
In order to exercise your rights, you may contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
In order to be exact, the following list presents the articles that state your rights as a Data subject:
- pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time and without any consequences for you. This means that in future we may no longer continue to process the data as based on this consent;
- pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, to obtain information about whether your personal data are processed by us and where that is the case, access to those personal data. In particular, you may obtain information about the purpose of processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients, to whom your data has been or is disclosed to, the storage period planned, the existence of a right to request from the controller rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint and the source of your data if it has not been collected by us. Pursuant to Article 12, we must provide any communication relating to the processing to the data subject in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language.
- pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data without undue delay or the completion of your personal data stored with us;
- pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of your personal data stored with us unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to obtain the transmission to another data controller (right to data portability);
- pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, to object, on grounds relating from your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data, which is based on data processing for the purposes of legitimate interests. If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a national supervisory authority. You can contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or workplace or our company headquarters. In the latter case, you can file a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr)
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please see 2. Contact information of the data controller and the Data Protection Officer.
8. Data retention
Your personal data is retained only for as long it is necessary for the above purposes, as described in detail, or for as long it may be required by a legal obligation. In any case, they will not be retained more than 5 years after the end of the project.
9. Data security
All your personal data are transferred in an encoded manner using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standard. You will recognise a secure TLS connection by the additional “s” after “http” (i.e., https://..) in the address bar of your browser or from the lock icon. Moreover, we use suitable technical and organizational measures, which are being continuously enhanced, to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties.
10. Amendments to this Data Protection Policy
This data protection policy is effective as of November 2019.
We keep our Data Protection Policy under regular review to make sure it is up to date and precise. Thus, it may become necessary to change it due to the potential addition of new features to the ALADDIN website or due to further legal requirements. You can have access to the latest data protection information on the ALADDIN website at “permanent link of data protection policy”.