Date / Time
Date(s) - 23/01/2019 - 24/01/2019
ALADDIN Partner participated & shared its knowledge in RPAS CivOps 2019, the 7th Annual European Civil RPAS Operators & Operations Forum that was held in Madrid.
RPAS CivOps 2019 is an international conference focusing on policy & regulatory matters for civil RPAS operators. It addressed operational matters, current & future applications, standard operational scenarios, Specific Operations Risk Assessment (SORA), operational experience, operator qualification, pilot training & qualification, test range safety rules, data protection & privacy, and the upcoming European Union RPAS regulation.
The Civil Drone Councils of France, Germany, The Netherlands & Spain gave updates on their activities. A focus was put on the harmonization of national approaches to matters of critical importance to the current & future RPAS operator community.
The hot topics that RPAS CivOps focuses are:
- Cooperation/coordination required to harmonize national approaches
- Implementation of the EU regulation
- Integrating U-Space & ATM
- Experience using SORA
- Standard operational scenarios
- Pilot training & qualification
- Operator qualification
- Standards (open category)
- Standards (specific category)
- Safety rules for test ranges
- Data protection & privacy