Drone sector is developing at a much faster pace nowadays. However, the extension of this field has also revealed some challenges, practical and ethical ones. This was the reason why EURACTIV met ALADDIN partners, discussed with them about project’s history, its future use and Europe’s role in innovation.
The key points of the interview:
- The problem of using drones in criminal activities needs to be resolved.
- There are several legal challenges in identifying and neutralizing threats from drones.
- The impact of the project is not limited to a specific region in Europe but involves anyone who may be concerned.
- Europe is on the right track towards innovation. It should, however, try to link the innovative products in which it has an advantage.
- It is necessary to balance innovation with exploitation.
More information, in Greek language, could be found here.